As a Lead Business Systems Analyst, you are expected to be an advanced professional in the systems & process design and implementation space. The Lead Business Systems Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality.
This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders. This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.
As an experienced analyst, you will be responsible for recommending and instituting business analysis best practice, tools and methodology towards standardization of BA deliverables and procedures and collaborating with Development and QA Leads to uphold and improve systems development processes.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for understanding the functional application, business operations and technical flow of any application. The BSA should have application knowledge but also be able to fully explain the operational workflow. The Business Systems Analyst should be able to understand how requirements impact both the technical and functional nature of an application. This is a technical role, one in which an analyst can drive business decisions based on application and technical expertise.
The BSA will provide ongoing application support for clients’ systems including Great Plains, Dynamics 365 and Corterra’s custom solutions, and will also help them continuously modify/enhance their configuration as their needs change.
- Leading, facilitating and documenting functional processes and dialog flows
- Eliciting requirements from the client through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, Use Cases, business analysis and task and work flow analysis
- Working with Technical Lead and Developers describing features and user stories to be developed including acceptance criteria
- Defining Use Cases to articulate new functional software needs
- Creating required project artifacts, including Functional Design Documents (FDD’s) as well as supporting documentation, such as process flows and/or data mapping
- Creating a detailed project plan which is modified and updated throughout the project life cycle
- Identifying and analyzing project issues in order to recommend resolution
- Creating test scripts and scenarios to ensure that applications work according to business requirements
- Coordinating problem and issue reviews with follow up on assigned actions
- Working closely with client to ensure all business needs are met, including project objectives, expected results and business impact
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
- 5-8+ years of relevant systems analyst and/or business analysis experience
- Proficient in requirement gathering and analysis, validation, business requirements specifications and functional specifications, use cases, relational database models and data flow models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – communicate with clients, internal audiences, technical analysts, developers, and other cross functional staff
- Basic project planning and management
- Working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with Databases with expertise in pulling reports using SQL
- Strong leadership skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated to achieve and self-managed, organized
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Team player
- 3-5 years implementing or supporting business systems and applications, preferably Great Plains and Microsoft Dynamics
Interested candidates please email resume to email@example.com
Corterra Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.