As a Business Systems Analyst, you are expected to be a key player learning to bridge business requirements and enterprise software functionality. The BSA will work to understand client’s business requirements and interpret how to use industry best practices when implementing them with Microsoft D365 enterprise software.
Understanding business requirements requires the ability to quickly learn and adapt to each customer’s business needs whether it’s manufacturing, distribution, public sector, services, etc. The ability to fit customer requirements to the functionality of Microsoft D365 requires knowledge of the standard software as well as the ability to think of creative solutions and processes to make the user experience friendly and ultimately more efficient. When native solutions do not suffice, the BSA will work with the project architect and technical leads to craft effective solutions. You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality.
This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for understanding the functional application, business operations and technical flow of any application. The BSA should have application knowledge but also be able to fully explain the operational workflow. The Business Systems Analyst should be able to understand how requirements impact both the technical and functional nature of an application. This is a functional role, one in which an analyst can drive business decisions based on application and technical expertise.
The BSA will provide ongoing application support for clients’ systems including Dynamics GP, Dynamics 365, and Corterra’s custom solutions, and will also help them continuously modify/enhance their configuration as their needs change.
• Leading, facilitating and documenting functional processes and dialog flows
• Eliciting requirements from the client through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, business analysis and task and workflow analysis
• Working with Technical Lead and Developers describing features and user stories to be developed including acceptance criteria
• Defining Use Cases to articulate new functional software needs
• Creating required project artifacts, including Functional Design Documents (FDD’s) as well as supporting documentation, such as process flows and/or data mapping
Identifying and analyzing project issues to recommend resolution
• Creating test scripts and scenarios to ensure that applications work according to business requirements
• Coordinating problem and issue reviews with follow up on assigned actions
• Working closely with client to ensure all business needs are met, including project objectives, expected results and business impact
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or other related field
MUST HAVE SKILLS
• High attention to detail
• Self-motivated to achieve and self-managed, organized
• High intellectual curiosity
• Team player with advanced communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Information systems coursework with hands-on project experience
Interested candidates please email resume to email@example.com
Corterra Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLICANTS MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.